Answered By: Charlotte Beyer, MSIS, AHIP Last Updated: Nov 07, 2022 Views: 11083
To use the UpToDate app, you will first need to access UpToDate through the library homepage and create a personal account. The steps are outlined below. You may also review the video at the top of this page if you'd like to see a demonstration of this process.
How to access the UpToDate App:
- Go to the Library homepage (https://www.rosalindfranklin.
edu/library), and click on "UpToDate" under "Popular Resources" on the right-hand side.
- If prompted, login with your HelixNet username and password (if you don't know your HelixNet username and password, or if you experience problems logging in, please call the IT HelpDesk at 847-578-8800).
- Once you are on the UpToDate homepage, look to the upper right corner of the screen. If you see "Rosalind Franklin University User", click "Log Out."
- Next, click on "Register."
- Fill out the registration form.
- Download the app from iTunes, Google Play, etc.
- Enter the username and password you created during the registration process to login to the app.
Please note: in order to keep using the app, it will be necessary to login through a browser every 90 days to re-verify your affiliation (This is UpToDate's requirement, not ours). UpToDate will send you an email alerting you when it is time to do so. Re-verification can be done on a cell phone, laptop, tablet, etc. - anything with an internet browser. You do not need to be on campus to do this. To re-verify, follow steps 1-3, and click "Log In" instead of "Register."
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you. If you have a suggestion for how we could make this guide better, please leave a comment below.