Answered By: Charlotte Beyer Last Updated: Dec 09, 2015 Views: 19
To import a PubMed citation into RefWorks, do the following:
1. Click on the article title you want to save the citation for on the PubMed search results screen to be taken to the detailed record for the article.
2. Click on Send to:
3. Select Citation Manager, then click Create File to download the file to your computer.
4. Log in to RefWorks.
5. Click on References in the grey toolbar at the top of the RefWorks website, then click on Import from the drop down options.
6. Select NLM PubMed from the Import Filter/Data Source.
7. Select PubMed as the Database.
8. Click on Choose File and select the text file you downloaded from PubMed.
9. Click on Import.
10. Click on the X in the upper right corner of the Import References screen to close the prompt.
The new citation has now been added to your RefWorks account.
to see a tutorial of this process with pictures go to: http://guides.rosalindfranklin.edu/content.php?pid=500530&sid=4197071